Speak With A Back Pain Specialist Today
2500 Morris Ave, Suite 220
Union, NJ 07083
925 Clifton Ave, Suite 203
Clifton, NJ 07013
10 Parsonage Road, Suite 208
Edison, NJ 08837
922 Main Street, Suite 201
Paterson, NJ 07503
In-network, tier-one facility
Convenient locations throughout
Central & Northern NJ
24 hour turnaround on needed notes and documentation
Non-surgical, interventional care
WE GET TO THE ROOT CAUSE
OF BACK PAIN
The Redefine Healthcare back pain team specializes in treating the root causes of thoracic and lumbar pain. We put our patients’ health and safety first while keeping a strong focus on the importance of prompt and meaningful service.
We know how to accurately diagnose, treat, and manage the care of patients, which results in patients getting on the path to a pain-free life!
To ensure this process is seamless and efficient for our patients, we have a dedicated support line that includes direct message via phone and email. Our specialists have everything needed to treat and manage your condition in our office. With 4 locations in New Jersey (Union, Edison, Paterson, Clifton), it’s super easy for patients to conveniently schedule appointments close to home.
Our non-surgical treatments help patients return to a pain-free life and resume their everyday activities. Contact Redefine Healthcare today and learn how we are changing healthcare by providing the highest quality, comprehensive care.
If you’re suffering from back pain, know that you’re not alone. Nearly nine out of 10 Americans experience back pain at some point in their lives, and it only trails upper respiratory infections as a reason to visit the back pain doctors in NJ. For those under 40, back pain is the primary cause of missed work and immobility. In fact, back pain disables roughly two percent of the American workforce at any given time. If you have any level of back pain, get a firm diagnosis and effective treatment to keep you on the job and active. Find relief in northern New Jersey at Redefine Healthcare, your source for the expert back pain doctors and the latest pain management techniques. Call for an appointment.
Your spine serves as the primary corridor for all sensations and movement in your body. The nerves, muscles, ligaments, bones, and cartilage of your back and spine are all subject to disease and injury. While there is a range of conditions that cause back pain, it usually involves:
- Sciatica. This condition describes the pain tracing the path of the sciatic nerve. It begins in your back and stretches through the buttocks down to your thigh, although it usually only affects one side of the body.
- Lower back pain. The pain can be sudden and sharp or a persistent, enduring ache. Acute low back pain tends to last from a few days to one month. Subacute pain ranges from four to 12 weeks. Chronic pain lasts longer than three months. About one in five cases of acute pain develops into chronic pain.
- Upper back pain. Although less common than lower back pain, upper back pain can be just as uncomfortable. The pain focuses on your shoulders and neck.
- Middle back pain. The pain in this area centers around problems with your thoracic spine. Mid-back pain may be a symptom of something more serious.
Back Pain Symptoms
Depending on its location and cause, back pain manifests as:
- Lingering muscle aches
- Sudden stabbing sensations
- An agonizing burn down your leg
- Numbness and tingling down your leg
- Pain that’s aggravated by lifting, leaning or standing for extended periods
- Pain that subsides while laying down
Seek immediate medical attention if you experience symptoms that accompany your back pain, including:
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- A recent injury, fall or accident
Back Pain Causes
As there are many different types of back pain, there are also several different causes. Some of the most common include:
- Herniated disc. The discs that cushion and separate your vertebral bones have a tough outer layer with a soft center. When these discs rupture, either through damage or aging, the softcore leaks out of the casing. A herniated disc creates a pinched nerve that causes the discomfort.
- Back injury. Accidents, falls, overexertion, and athletic strains are among the most common types of injuries to the back.
- Spinal stenosis. The spinal canal shrinks, compressing your spinal column.
- Osteoarthritis. The spine develops bone spurs and loses stability.
- Soft tissue strain. Repetitive movements at work or play — or a sudden exertion that leads to a pulled back — can strain or damage spinal ligaments or back muscles.
- Scoliosis. A congenital malformation of the spine, this condition leads to back pain later in life.
- Osteoporosis. This degeneration and weakening of your bones can eventually lead to spinal compression fractures.
- Post-laminectomy syndrome. Failed back surgery can lead to continued or even heightened back pain.
- Spondylolisthesis. This condition refers to slipping of your vertebrae.
- Myofascial pain syndrome. Often a chronic condition, this muscle tightness responds well to physical therapy.
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction. Damage to the joint connecting your pelvis and spine is a leading cause of lower back pain.
Back Pain Treatment
If you’re one of the millions of Americans wondering how to relieve back pain, you’ve probably been overwhelmed with commercial offers promising back pain relief. Back pain treatment has become a $100 billion per year business, and much of it is either deceptive or ineffective.
If back pain has become a problem in your life, you need the help of a trained back pain doctors and pain management specialist with years of experience in the treatment of back pain. After a careful diagnosis using state-of-the-art techniques, your Redefine Healthcare doctor develops a back pain treatment program that may include remedies such as:
- Medications. Over-the-counter anti-inflammatories, steroid injections, narcotics, anti-depressants, and topical creams
- Physical therapy. Posture improvement, electrical stimulation, strength exercises, and flexibility stretches
- Surgery. Only for structural problems that don’t respond to other treatments, as a last resort
If you’re tired of suffering from back pain, get the treatment you need to get back in the game and back to your normal routines. Contact the best back pain treatment doctors and specialists of New Jersey at Redefine Healthcare. Visit one of our back pain treatment locations in New Jersey.
- "I had seen an orthopedic physician, chiropractor for pain in my lower back. After three weeks the pain subsided but came back two months later. This time I went to see Dr. Freeman who prescribed me pain medications and physical therapy. Within two weeks the pain was gone and hasn’t returned. Thank you, Dr. Freeman."Mary D.
- “I’m very pleased with my experience at Redefine Healthcare. The doctors and staff are very nice and caring. They always welcome patients with a positive attitude and smile. They always take the extra time to precisely explain and accurately diagnose the problem.”Christine S.
- “Dr. Ceraulo and his staff are always helpful. They have not limited their care to my initial problem, but have helped me in other ways as well.”Renne F.