If you’re suffering from back pain, know that you’re not alone. Nearly nine out of 10 Americans experience back pain at some point in their lives, and it only trails upper respiratory infections as a reason to visit the doctor. For those under 40, back pain is the primary cause of missed work and immobility. In fact, back pain disables roughly two percent of the American workforce at any given time.
If you have any level of back pain, get a firm diagnosis and effective treatment from top back pain doctors to keep you on the job and active. Find relief in northern New Jersey at Redefine Healthcare, your source for the latest pain management techniques. You can finally stop your search for a “back pain specialist near me” and call injury doctor in NJ, Dr. Freeman for an appointment. A board certified “back doctor near me” who will not only help you with your pain but also employs the latest cutting-edge back pain treatments.
Your spine serves as the primary corridor for all sensations and movement in your body. The nerves, muscles, ligaments, bones, and cartilage of your back and spine are all subject to disease and injury. While there is a range of conditions that cause back pain, it usually involves:
- Sciatica. This condition describes the pain tracing the path of the sciatic nerve. It begins in your back and stretches through the buttocks down to your thigh, although it usually only affects one side of the body.
- Lower back pain. The pain can be sudden and sharp or a persistent, enduring ache. Acute low back pain tends to last from a few days to one month. Subacute pain ranges from four to 12 weeks. Chronic pain lasts longer than three months. About one in five cases of acute pain develops into chronic pain.
- Upper back pain. Although less common than lower back pain, upper back pain can be just as uncomfortable. The pain focuses on your shoulders and neck.
- Middle back pain. The pain in this area centers around problems with your thoracic spine. Mid-back pain may be a symptom of something more serious.
Back Pain Symptoms
Depending on its location and cause, back pain manifests as:
- Lingering muscle aches
- Sudden stabbing sensations
- An agonizing burn down your leg
- Numbness and tingling down your leg
- Pain that’s aggravated by lifting, leaning or standing for extended periods
- Pain that subsides while laying down
Seek immediate medical attention if you experience symptoms that accompany your back pain, including:
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- A recent injury, fall or accident
Enduring these symptoms regularly can really ruin your quality of life and prevent you from completing normal daily activities. Return to a pain-free life by searching for the best “back pain doctor near me” to get the relief you deserve.
Back Pain Causes
As there are many different types of back pain, there are also several different causes.
Some of the most common include:
- Herniated disc. The discs that cushion and separate your vertebral bones have a tough outer layer with a soft center. When these discs rupture, either through damage or aging, the soft core leaks out of the casing. A herniated disc creates a pinched nerve that causes discomfort.
- Back injury. Accidents, falls, overexertion and athletic strains are among the most common types of injuries to the back.
- Spinal stenosis. The spinal canal shrinks, compressing your spinal column.
- Osteoarthritis. The spine develops bone spurs and loses stability.
- Soft tissue strain. Repetitive movements at work or play — or a sudden exertion that leads to a pulled back — can strain or damage spinal ligaments or back muscles.
- Scoliosis. A congenital malformation of the spine, this condition leads to back pain later in life.
- Osteoporosis. This degeneration and weakening of your bones can eventually lead to spinal compression fractures.
- Post-laminectomy syndrome. Failed back surgery can lead to continued or even heightened back pain.
- Spondylolisthesis. This condition refers to the slipping of your vertebrae.
- Myofascial pain syndrome. Often a chronic condition, this muscle tightness responds well to physical therapy.
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction. Damage to the joint connecting your pelvis and spine is a leading cause of lower back pain.
If you have any of the conditions above come see our pain management clinic and meet our back pain doctors to get the pain relief you need in the safe, reassuring hands of the best back pain doctors in NJ.
What Types of Treatment Can a Back Pain Specialist Near Me Offer?
If you’re one of the millions of Americans wondering how to relieve back pain, you’ve probably been overwhelmed with commercial offers promising back pain relief. Back pain treatment has become a $100 billion per year business, and much of it is either deceptive or ineffective. When you search for a “back pain doctor near me”, look for a team of pain management specialists that listens to your concerns and do not brush aside your back problems.
If back pain has become a problem in your life, you need the help of a trained pain management specialist with years of experience in the treatment of back pain.
After a careful diagnosis using state-of-the-art techniques, your sports injury clinic Redefine Healthcare doctor develops a back pain treatment program that may include remedies such as:
- Medications. Over-the-counter anti-inflammatories, steroid injections, narcotics, anti-depressants, and topical creams
- Physical therapy. Posture improvement, electrical stimulation, strength exercises, and flexibility stretches
- Surgery. Only for structural problems that don’t respond to other treatments, as a last resort
If you’re tired of suffering from back pain, get the treatment you need to get back in the game and back to your normal routines. When you search for the “best back pain specialist near me” you will see that our team not only has the most qualified back doctors, but also employ cutting-edge technologies that offer effective pain relief. Contact the best injury doctor in NJ Dr. Freeman or his team of back pain treatment doctors and specialists of New Jersey at Redefine Healthcare. Visit one of our four locations to meet our NJ back pain doctors and return to a pain-free life!
Why Whoose Our Pain Management Clinic in NJ?
In-network, tier-one facility
Comprehensive and compassionate pain care
Convenient locations throughout
Central & Northern NJ
24 hour turnaround on needed notes and documentation
Non-surgical, interventional care