Thank you for choosing Redefine Healthcare for your medical needs. To better serve you, we are providing these answers to commonly asked questions to serve as instructions for you to follow prior to your procedure.
What if I am to be sedated for my procedure?
• We advise you DO NOT eat or drink anything 8 hours prior to procedure (this includes chewing gum).
What if I am not being sedated?
• You may eat a light meal prior to your procedure.
What if I become ill prior to my procedure?
• Contact us immediately if you should become ill at any time before the procedure, including rashes, vomiting, fever, diarrhea or if you are prescribed any antibiotic medication.
What if I take heart, blood pressure, cholesterol, or oral diabetic medicine?
• Continue taking any heart, blood pressure, cholesterol or oral diabetic medicine. Please remember if you are being sedated take your medication with only a small sip of water the morning of the procedure.
What if I am diabetic and take insulin?
• If you are an INSULIN DEPENDENT DIABETIC, please remember to take your insulin as directed by your endocrinologist or primary care physician, FURTHER we suggest you contact their office to receive directions for the day of your procedure on how and when your insulin should be taken.
What if I am taking blood thinning medication?
• You should contact our office IMMEDIATELY if you are on any BLOOD THINNING agents such as COUMADIN, PLAVIX, PRADAXA, XARELTO, BRILINTA, PLETAL, EFFIENT OR AGGRENOX. We need to know so that we can consult with your primary care physician or cardiologist, to adjust your medication safely before the procedure. If you are on Coumadin you will need to get a blood test (PT/INR) prior to procedure.
• DO NOT TAKE any aspirin or products that contain aspirin for days prior to the procedure. Items containing aspirin include, but are not limited to Ecotrin, Anacin, and Excedrin etc.
What if I am taking anti-inflammatory medication?
• DO NOT TAKE any anti-inflammatory medicine for ____days prior to procedure. Common anti-inflammatory medicines include Ibuprofen (Motrin/Advil). Celebrex, Naprosyn, Aleve, Mobic, Arthrotec, Vimovo/Diclofenac, Relafen/Nabumetone or Daypro/Oxazaprosin.
What if I am taking vitamins or supplements?
• DO NOT TAKE vitamins or supplements of any type for ___days before the procedure. This includes Omega3 Fish Oil, Ginkgo, and Vitamin E.
We have formulated this treatment plan to help you with your pain condition. Also we would like your procedure to be as successful, and effective as possible, so we ask that you work with us by following the above guidelines.
Kindly give 24 hours notice for all cancelled appointments, as a fee in the amount of $150.00 will be charged for appointments not cancelled within 24 hours. Please contact EXT 5147 OR 5148 for questions or concerns regarding your procedure.
Lastly, you must have transportation home. You cannot drive yourself, regardless of having sedation or local anesthetic.
Download Pre-Procedures Instructions Form: DOWNLOAD