Pain can interfere with your life at any age and for a variety of reasons. Whether you’re an avid runner who can barely walk now due to runner’s knee or a senior with recurring hip pain after a fall, the best pain doctor and the team of pain management doctors in New Jersey can help you not only get through a traumatic time, but also teach you how to prevent further accidents. The Redefine Healthcare pain specialists treat everyone from athletes with acute painful injuries to aging adults suffering from chronic conditions. Don’t live with pain. Call the pain management experts for a firm diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
When pain is acute, it comes on suddenly, often following a sports injury or other trauma. That makes it fairly easy to diagnose and treat. But the source of your pain isn’t always so recognizable. In these cases, you require the experienced detection skills of a trained pain management specialist.
There are three main categories of pain — chronic, acute and cancer pain — and sometimes, your discomfort constitutes a combination of pain disorders.
In addition to obvious trauma and a cancer diagnosis, the source of your pain may be complex, such as:
- Pain following a surgical procedure, such as back surgery, that leaves you with post-laminectomy syndrome
- Nerve damage that occurs due to a pinched nerve in your back or neck
- Underlying medical conditions like arthritis and diabetes that leave you with persistent pain
Because of the nature of pain, which may be obvious or referred from somewhere else, you must seek a diagnosis and treatment from experts like the New Jersey pain management doctors at Redefine Healthcare. They have the experience, technology and skills to detect the cause of your pain and develop a suitable treatment plan designed to address your suffering.
Versatile Back Pain Specialists
Your pain management doctors in NJ bring a wide range of experience to the care and treatment of back pain. While back pain is the most common cause of missed work and disability, your situation is unique and treated as such at Redefine Healthcare. Your doctors carefully examine you and listen to your symptoms and concerns before suggesting the most suitable course of treatment.
As experts in the field of pain management, your doctors diagnose and treat all conditions affecting your back, including:
- Upper back pain that often includes pain in your shoulders or limiting neck pain
- Lower back pain, which is the most common source of back discomfort and often includes pain that radiates to your legs, knees, hips and joints
- Back injuries that may lead to a herniated disc, a pulled muscle, a compression fracture or a pinched nerve
- Myofascial pain syndrome, a chronic condition that requires ongoing pain management and often occurs due to pain referred from somewhere else in your body
- Spondylolisthesis, a condition common among athletes
- Piriformis syndrome, which causes discomfort when you do nothing more than sit, stand or walk up and downstairs
Painful Conditions Need Treatment
Since the physiology of pain is so complex, you need physicians who are trained and experienced in treating all kinds of painful conditions. They possess specialized knowledge and sharpened skills, as well as the most up-to-date diagnostic and treatment tools to effectively find solutions that work for you. As new research becomes available and breakthroughs in treating pain are discovered, your pain management doctors in New Jersey share this knowledge with you and offer the most current options for treatment.
At Redefine Healthcare pain center, your doctors are exceptional detectives, especially when trying to pinpoint a diagnosis. They often deal with painful conditions that require all their resources to understand. So you can expect the best care if you suffer from less common causes of pain, such as:
- Muscle spasms in the neck
- Middle back pain
- Shoulder strains and sprains
- Patellar tendonitis
- Labral tears
- Hip tendonitis
Pain Management in New Jersey
Just as there are varying degrees of pain and causes for your condition, so the treatment options for acute and chronic pain varies greatly. When you seek pain management in New Jersey, your doctors always start with the least invasive and often most effective measures, such as:
- R.I.C.E. Rest, ice, compression and elevation are prescribed first to alleviate discomfort and give your muscles, joints and bones a chance to heal. But you should only undergo self-care measures at home after getting a thorough evaluation from your pain management doctor.
- Physical therapy. Sometimes, strengthening supporting muscles takes enough pressure off painful areas to allow you to return to your previous level of activity. Following up any procedure with a proper course of exercise is a big part of recovery as well.
- Over-the-counter medication. With your doctor’s oversight, simple anti-inflammatory and pain relieving medications are sufficient to stave off pain while you heal.
When the most conservative treatments don’t provide enough pain relief, your Redefine Healthcare doctors rely on other proven pain relief treatments, such as:
- Corticosteroid injections
- A spinal cord stimulator
- Narcotic pain medication
- Nerve blocks
- PRP injections
- Muscle relaxers
- Arthroscopic surgical intervention
Complete Pain Management
In addition to relieving your pain, trying various techniques to fix your issues and finding alternatives to help you manage pain, pain management techniques work to alleviate the stress associated with pain. Find a pain management team, such as the staff at Redefine Healthcare, who recognize the need for follow-up and psychological support as you undergo treatment.
Follow-up care, along with a comprehensive rehabilitation program, plays an integral role in overcoming and managing acute and chronic pain, no matter how it developed. Rather than accept pain as part of your life, contact the expert pain doctor in NJ for a consultation. Reclaim your health and freedom from pain.
Why Whoose Our Pain Management Clinic in NJ?
In-network, tier-one facility
Comprehensive and compassionate pain care
Convenient locations throughout
Central & Northern NJ
24 hour turnaround on needed notes and documentation
Non-surgical, interventional care