DO, FAAPMR, FIPP
Florida Spine Institute Interventional Pain Management of Spine Disorders Fellowship
University of Delaware, B.S.
Memberships & Appointments
International Spinal Interventional Society
American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
NJ Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
About Dr. Eric Freeman
Dr. Eric D. Freeman is the medical director and founder of the Redefine Healthcare; previously known as Freeman Spine & Pain Institute. He holds numerous Board Certifications in: Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation as well as Pain Medicine. Dr. Freeman has dedicated his life’s work to providing his patients with the most comprehensive state-of-the-art care. Presenting them with the best opportunity to live a healthy, pain free, active lifestyle.
After obtaining a Bachelor of Science at the University of Delaware, Dr. Freeman completed his medical training in New York, graduating in 1996. He completed his residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation achieving honors as chief resident. Following this, Dr. Freeman continued his advanced training at the Florida Spine Institute where he completed a fellowship in Interventional Pain Management of Spine Disorders. It is here where Dr. Freeman enhanced his unique skills in minimally-invasive spinal procedures as well as musculoskeletal medicine.
Since the completion of his fellowship and until today, Dr. Freeman continues to strive to be at the forefront for the treatment all spine and pain disorders. He attends as well as conducts numerous seminars in the field of Interventional Pain Management and Minimally-Invasive Spine Techniques.
Dr. Freeman’s passion for providing the most advanced medical and interventional pain technologies has made him well recognized in the field of pain management being listed as one of “America’s Top Physicians”. He often is involved in the education of other physicians, performing lectures and publishing textbook chapters for Board Certification testing. His goal and primary focus is to obtain the results that you deserve, which is, to eliminate your pain without surgery. His patients benefit from his compassion and outstanding bedside manner, which exemplifies the care at Redefine Healthcare.
Dr. Freeman and his staff welcomes the opportunity to help improve your quality of life.
- 22nd Annual International Intradiscal Therapy Society Conference and Scientific Program, Scottsdale, Arizona, May 21-23, 2009.
- ISIS: Intensive Anatomy & Imaging Workshop: University of New England, May 1-3, 2009.
- Vertos Medical: Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression, Cares-St. Peters Hospital, 3-21-09.
- TruFuse Surgical Training, Cares-St. Peters Hospital, September 13, 2008.
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery, North Jersey Surgery Center, April 26, 2008.
- International Spinal Intervention Society (ISIS) 15th Annual Scientific Workshop: Back to Basics, Baltimore, MD 2007.
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine: 14th Annual International Congress of Anti-aging Medicine and Regenerative Biomedical Technologies, 2006.
- Managing Chronic Pain-Spinal Cord Stimulation, New Brunswick, NJ, 2006.
- International Spinal Intervention Society (ISIS) 14th Annual Scientific Meeting: Salt Lake City, UT, 2006.
- Interventional Techniques Review Course, Memphis, TN, 2006.
- International Spinal Intervention Society (ISIS) Phase 4 Discography Workshop, Phoenix, AZ, 2005.
- International Spinal Intervention Society (ISIS) 13th Annual Scientific Meeting, NY, 2005.
- Implantable Pain Therapies Theory and Technique Workshop, Minneapolis, MN, 2005.
- 22nd Annual Pain Symposium, Lubbock, Texas, 2005.
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP) 7th Annual Meeting April 2005.
- National Pain Forum, 2004.
- International Spinal Intervention Society (ISIS) Interventional Thoracic and Lumbar Workshop, 2004.
- International Spinal Intervention Society (ISIS) Interventional Radiofrequency Workshop, 2004.
- International Spinal Intervention Society (ISIS) Imaging for the Interventionlist, 2004.
- SEAK, Inc. 2003.
- – How to be a Successful Independent Medical Examiner.
- – How to be an Effective Medical Witness and Negotiating Skills for Physicians.
- Innovations in Percutaneous Discectomy, Health Stream, Baltimore, MD, 2003.
- 16th Annual SPPM Pain Management Symposium, Scottsdale, AZ 2003.
- Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy (IDET)/ Electrothermal Disc Decompression, 2003.
- Arthrocare, Disc Nucleoplasty Coblation Technique, 2002.
- Occupational Orthopedics and Workers’ Compensation, 2002.
- International Spinal Intervention Society (ISIS) 10th Annual Meeting: Disc Guidelines, 2002.
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP) 2nd Semi-Annual Interventional Pain Medicine Meeting, 2002.
- International Spinal Intervention Society (ISIS) 9th Annual Scientific Meeting: The Guidelines, 2001.
- International Spinal Intervention Society (ISIS) 7th Annual Scientific Meeting, 1999.
- Medical Acupuncture for Physicians, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 1998.
- Non-operative Management of Cervical and Lumbar Disorders, Washington, DC, 1998.
- International Spinal Interventional Society.
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians.
- New Jersey Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, Board Member-2008.
- New Jersey Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Society of Practice Pain Management.
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- World Institute of Pain.
- Interventional Pain Management: Making a Difference in our patients lives: First Presbyterian Church, December 3, 2007.
- Return to Work: A Comprehensive Interventional Approach: Encompass Insurance, Monmouth Junction, NJ October 17, 2007.
- Chronic Pain: A Non-surgical Approach: Health and Wealth Forum, Pines Manor, Edison, NJ March 3, 2007.
- Return to Work: A Comprehensive Interventional Approach: Workers’ Compensation/Case Managers Seminar, Clark NJ, November 2, 2006.
- Ultram ER (tramadol HCL) Extended-Release tablets: An Innovative Approach to Chronic Pain, Margate City, NJ October 13, 2006.
- Pain Management: A Comprehensive Interventional Approach, Benitos Restaurant, Rahway Pain Program, Union, NJ. October 12, 2006.
- Advances in Treating Chronic Pain: Trinitas Hospital, Elizabeth, NJ. September 26, 2006.
- Treating Patients in Pain: Opioids vs. Interventional vs. Doing Nothing: Grand Rounds Rahway Hospital, Rahway, NJ. June 7, 2006.
- Neurological Testing and Evaluation in Athletes: Athletic Training Seminar, Kean University, Union, NJ. November 30, 2005.
- Attacking the Back: An Interventional Approach to Low Back Pain: Advanced Physical Therapy, Cranford, NJ, November 2004.
- Non Surgical Treatment of the Cervical and Lumbar Spine: Department of Physical Therapy, JFK Medical Center, November 2003.
CALL NOW : 877-710-9324
2500 Morris Avenue, Suite 220
Union, NJ 07083
10 Parsonage Rd, Suite 208
Edison, NJ 08837
925 Clifton Ave, Suite 203
Clifton, NJ 07013
631 Grand Street, Suite 1-100
Jersey City, NJ 07304