About the Intracept® Procedure
Intracept® is a minimally-invasive, outpatient procedure available at Redefine Healthcare that has been shown to improve function and reduce pain long-term in patients with chronic lower back pain.
Intracept® was designed to help patients with vertebrogenic pain – a specific type of chronic lower back pain. You may be a candidate for Intracept® if you:
- Have been experiencing chronic lower back pain for at least 6 months.
- Have tried conservative care for at least 6 months with no lasting relief.
Vertebrogenic pain comes from the vertebral endplates – the bone on either side of the disc – not from the actual discs located between the spinal vertebrae.
Benefits of the Intracept® Procedure
- Provides a treatment option for patients who have not responded to conservative therapy
- Minimally invasive, outpatient procedure
- Implant-free and preserves the structure of the spine
- Provides durable relief of chronic vertebrogenic lower back pain
The Intracept® Procedure allows you to return to the activities you enjoy – long-term.
Following the procedure, your doctor may recommend some precautions to take – and after a brief healing period, most people resume normal activities. Some even start to feel relief immediately after the procedure.
In fact, Intracept® patients in a recent study reported their improvements in function and pain lasted more than 5 years following the procedure – with over a third of these patients indicating they were completely pain-free at that time.
Risks and Precautions
There are also certain risks and precautions regarding the procedure which you should be aware of before proceeding.
Talk with your doctor about what indicates, and contraindicates, certain patients for the Intracept® procedure – as well as the risks and precautions for the procedure.
For a full list of Intracept®’s indications, contraindications, risks, and precautions, please click here.